A cable system is designed to help you move heavier weight more easily. But you can still lift a pretty big stack of weights even if they are attached to a cable. More than likely people don't like to use a pure cable routine because it can be difficult to do for an entire body part easily; unless you are talking about the arms.
Most people use some form of cable exercise when working arms, especially triceps. Cables are great for providing a nice pump to the muscle. But cables are also great for people with shoulder, elbow, and wrist pain because you are supporting the weight differently. This routine is designed around getting a great workout for you arms and can be used by anyone. If you think you can't gain size on this routine just give it a try before you pass judgement.
Ultimate Cable Arm Routine
For each exercise rest no more than sixty seconds between sets and no longer than ninety seconds between exercises. All reps should be done at a steady, controlled pace and make sure to hold the contraction for a two-count before lowering. You are going to be getting a serious pump.
- Cable Hammer Curls - 2 sets of 8 to 12 reps - Use a rope handle on a low pulley.
- Overhead Rope Triceps Extensions - 2 sets of 8 to 12 reps - Kneel down and use a low pulley.
- Cable Preacher Curls - 2 sets of 8 to 12 reps - Use an Ez-curl bar attachment.
- Triceps Push down - 2 sets of 8 to 12 reps - Use a V-Bar attachment and a high pulley.
- Reverse Cable Curl - 2 sets of 8 to 12 reps - Use an EZ-curl bar attachment.
- Reverse Triceps Push down - 2 sets of 8 to 12 reps - Use an EZ-curl bar attachment.
- Single Arm Cable Concentration Curls - 1 sets of 10 to 15 reps - Use a low pulley and rest your elbow on your knee for support.
- Single Arm Triceps Kickbacks - 1 sets of 10 to 15 reps - Use a low pulley and a palm-forward grip on the handle as you kick back.
Liseth Haven writes for the Nutribomb Bodybuilding Blog in addition to being a fitness trainer. You can find all of Liseth's articles at our blog, facebook, or by following her on google plus.
If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.