This program is based on doing specific upper body exercises that target the major muscle groups and also emphasize the arms.
Big Biceps and Triceps Blaster Program
Ideally this program has you working an upper body and lower body split. This routine constitutes the upper body portion. You can do this workout twice a week. A typical routine would involve working the upper body on Monday and Thursday with the lower body on Tuesday and Friday with the rest of the days for rest.
For each exercise form is more important than weight. Part of learning the basics is mastering the form of each exercise, learning to feel the muscle while it is working, and learning how to get the most out of whatever you do. It is not as important to lift heavy weight incorrectly just for the sake of ego.
- Close Grip Chin-Up - Use an underhand grip to utilize more biceps on this exercise. It is a great starting point for back development as well.
- Dips - These can be done on a dip machine or parallel bars. Bend forward at the waist to put more emphasis on the chest.
- Barbell Overhead Press - Press slowly and smoothly. Make sure to hold the barbell in lockout position.
- Barbell Rows - Row slowly and smoothly from a straight arm position to your sternum. Keep the elbows tight to the body and squeeze the shoulder blades together.
- Incline Dumbbell Triceps Extension - Use an EZ-Curl bar. Keep your elbows tight. Start with the weight straight overhead and bend at the elbows only to lower it down towards your forehead.
- Incline Dumbbell Curls - Sit on an incline bench at a 45 degree angle. Curl the arms one at a time and rotate the wrist as you curl up to work on the shape of the biceps.
- Decline Dumbbell Hammer Curls - Lay chest down on a decline bench and let your arms hang straight down. Perform Hammer curls which are straight curls with thumbs pointing up.
- Dumbbell Reverse Wrist Curls - Rest your forearms on your knees and hold a pair of light dumbbells in your hands, palms up. Slowly curl the wrists down towards your feet and then back up towards your body.
For more great workout ideas and techniques, visit us at our website. you can also find us at our Facebook Fan Page.
If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.